The Guptara Twins are internationally experienced speakers in both English and German and have appeared at such eminent literary occasions as the Frankfurt and Leipzig Book Fairs, Switzerland’s Solothurner Literaturtage (2008, 2009, 2010), India’s Kitabfest, and the C. S. Lewis Summer Institute in Oxford and Cambridge.
Suresh and Jyoti are in high demand to give lectures and readings at festivals, bookstores, libraries and schools as well as institutions for higher education, performing for audiences from two to 800. As teenagers, they gave over 100 readings a year for the German translation of their debut novel.
The twins’ speaking and writing covers a broad range of topics.
Please contact to book one or both of the Guptara brothers.
Notable Past Appearances
- Creative Writing workshops for teachers at Colleges of Education
- On Success at the Thurgauer Lehrlingstag
- On Inspiration at Kitabfest, Mumbai
- On Questions at Delhi University
- Correctional Facilities, Private, Public and Charter Schools in Los Angeles
- ERFA Weinfelden’s group of managers on reforming Education and Economics
- Literaturhaus readings in Zurich, Rostock, Hamburg and Köln
- “Mobilising Youth as Troubadours of Heroism (MYTH)”, Palomar5 Innovation Camp Summit, Berlin
- “Building Human Capital and Intellectual Capacity” at United Nations GAID (Global Alliance for ICT for Development) Youth Summit, Geneva
- Various events with the Geneva Centre for Security Policy
- Addressing inaugural Youth Summit of Kofi Annan’s Global Humanitarian Forum on issues of sustainability, reality and escapism
Suresh & Jyoti reading at openair Frankfurt Fantasy Festival
Encouraging Creativity and Excellence
Suresh and Jyoti have been called upon to encourage people to realise their potential and improve systems conducive to personal and organisational growth.
In 2007, the County of Los Angeles awarded Scrolls of Honour to the then-teenage Guptara Twins for philanthropy, literary achievement and inspiring young people.
The twins’ first novel was used as the basis of the Calaspia International Story Competition for Young People organised by celebrated author and speaker Dr Vishal Mangalwadi to equip the next generation of writers. The top 10 winners were offered the opportunity to accompany Dr Mangalwadi, Suresh and Jyoti on a 10-day literary tour of England. Featuring plays, visits to museums, and discussions with Oxbridge professors, the Literary Tour explored how the pen is mightier than the sword and how great literature built great nations.
The eminent panel of judges comprised:
- Gurcharan Das, famous business guru, columnist & playwright;
- Bianca Jagger, the renowned social and human rights advocate;
- Dr Michael Nobel, great-grand-nephew of the founder of the Nobel Prizes, and immediate past-President of the Nobel Family Society;
- Alec Sokolow, Oscar® nominated screenwriter (Evan Almighty, Garfield, Cheaper by the Dozen, Toy Story);
- G. P. Taylor, best-selling author (Shadowmancer, Wormwood, Tersias)
If you represent a company or organisation interested in sponsoring or hosting similar initiatives that contribute to building holistically healthy individuals, families and nations, we would love to hear from you.